[DML] Auto trans leak part 3

Yes - I'm still chasing it. After another weekend of quality time
under the car, I'm starting to think that the leak is between the
auto trans and the differential. So - a couple of questions for the
automatic transmission rebuilders out there. Keep in mind that this
is a car with significant (80K) miles on it, has reportedly leaked
since new (although not quite this bad) and I've checked and
eliminated the usual suspects such as the cooler lines, shift
linkage, dipstick, electrical plugs (2) and the pan gasket (now VERY
firmly sealed in place with Permatex "Right Stuff"). It's a very
significant leak - after filling the trans and running the car maybe
15 minutes, there a 6-inch oil spot after sitting overnight.

--Has anyone ever seen this problem?
--Is is possible to separate the transmission from the differential
IN the car? (NOT the whole trans-axle, just removing the automatic
part). I'm suspecting that the leak is where the two join together,
and if it can be separated at that point it would maybe save some
effort.

I'm really not looking forward to dropping the trans out of this car,
in fact I'd probably pull the engine to get to it.

Thanks. - Dave S