[DML] Re: hotstart problems

It is virtually impossible to have vapor lock in this fuel system
set-up. As far as "heat soak"?- Which African desert are you driving
your car through and how are you obtaining your heat soak data on
DeLoreans and Fiats? First of all the intake and block etc are all
aluminum which
dissipates heat faster then cast. The pump is in the tank which is
delivering fuel at temperatures that can be heated much more before
vapor lock. The intake and Fuel distributor is located too far above
the engine to get hot enough even if you covered the vents on the
engine bay cover. It's impossible to get the injector lines hot enough
as well as the fuel is constantly being injected into the engine, even
with STEEL lines you don't have vapor lock. We have a pressurized
system here where fuel is constantly being moved around or sitting
under pressure, not floats
and sitting fuel in a carb right on top of an open hot engine! You see
vapor lock from a hot fuel pump
where it is mounted to a CAST engine or if you are using a Carb- your
carb is too hot, stuff like that. I've never heard of vapor lock or
percolation with an injection system, only carbs. If this was a
problem, the engine cover would be vented over the distributor and
etc.
 Hard starting can be due to a million different things, put new head
gaskets on, make sure ALL your components are working, make sure all
your wires are powering everything they're connected to (It may be
connected, but is the power flowing
through the connection?), no vac leaks,
on and on and on.  If everything is new and maintained then there
is no
way you can have problems- and if all else fails, buy a new
motor, fuel system, or even a giant fan in place of your engine cover
;-)...Let us know what happens- Dani B. #5003