[DML] Re: hotstart problems

> We can argue that something shouldnt happen all day long. However
even when the proper rest pressure is maintained the problem still
exsists.  So you can go by the book all day long and quote specs till
your blue in the face but dont cry to me when you get stranded
somewhere.Heat soak is a constant problem with Deloreans and Fiats<

Well, you're the one with the hot start problem not me. You didn't
say in your first post you'd already checked rest pressure. If your
hot start problem persists and you have good rest pressure your
problem is not associated with fuel vaporization. Fuel held at the
specified rest pressure will not vaporize with the typical heat load
presented. This isn't theory, it's physics. With proper rest pressure
heat soak is *not* a problem with Deloreans, at least as it relates
to the fuel system.

If rest pressure is per spec and holds over time your problem is not
fuel lock...period. You can't have rest pressure and have vapor
because vapor would prevent rest pressure. Not only does rest
pressure prevent vapor but, put another way, vapor would preclude a
correct measurement of rest pressure. Vapor is compressible while
liquid fuel is not.

If you want to stick with that theory be my guest. Going by the book
is the way things should be done, that and a solid understanding of
what it is you're working on. In addition, possessing tunnel vision
makes for very poor diagnostic technique. It also strikes me if
you're going to come here seeking help you'd be a litle more
accepting of those who offer it. After all, no matter what the cause
of your hot start problem you thus far seem incapable of solving it
on your own.

Btw, I was never once stranded anywhere in my car for any reason and
it ran like a swiss watch, with no one except me ever having laid a
hand on it for maintenance.