[DML] DMC (Texas) Workshop (and other) manuals

[DML] DMC (Texas) Workshop (and other) manuals

The quality of the manuals available for the DeLorean has long been
something I have noticed and bothered about. I was the one, who back in the
early days of the DML, recreated the parts manual in PDF format that is
available for download at the DMC-News website.

Just in the last month or two, we've completely revised the parts manual,
with changes on nearly every page ranging from correcting illustrations to
correcting/adding/deleting part numbers and descriptions. We've also
indicated which parts are sold that are replacement (not NOS). This was a
massive undertaking and as we run across something or another that needs
changing we have the files in an editable digital format so the changes are
easy to make.

Right now, we're in the process of doing final edits on the Workshop Manual,
as well. As a basis, we've used the final printed "master" copy from the
inventory of DeLorean parts that came from DMC Irvine/Kapac. We're
correcting a number of things in the "Electrical" and "Heating and Air
Conditioning" sections, as well as trying to determine how to best correct
the illustrations in the "Transmission" sections (any Technical Artist on
the list want to trade out for some DeLorean parts?). We'll also be adding
all of our illustrated installation guides for parts like the window motors,
fuel pump kits, luggage racks, stripe kits, power antennas, etc. This new
version will be available in the next couple of weeks.

We're also updating the service bulletins to include several service
bulletins which were never released by the factory. Some of these answer a
lot of questions about why some things are the way they are. Ours are now
reproduced from originals also acquired with the parts purchase.

All of the above manuals are sold with screen printed, high quality
three-ring binders. Over the years we've found that they work best for
manuals of this size, and they certainly look nice on a shelf in your
garage.

The "Technical Information Manual" was given to the service techs as a
"primer" to the DeLorean systems and is a good guide for getting started.
Again, reproduced from a new, original copy. This one is in a spiral comb
type of binding.

There were two different Owners Handbooks used by the factory. The one that
we sell is a reproduction of the one sold with the 1982 and 1983 models. It
is "saddle stapled" on the left edge, and uses line art drawings for the
illlustrations. The 1981 models had a version that was spiral-bound along
the top edge and used photographs for the illustrations. I'm not aware of
anyone reproducing this one, primarily for this reason.

Finally, we do all of our duplication in-house which allows us to make sure
that each copy is made is to the most current revision level.

The manual offerings and some other items can all be found here:

http://www.usadmc.com/dmcstore/ViewDir.asp?PageID=111&PageCat=9%2DAccessorie

James

DeLorean Motor Company
Vice President