[DML] Motor Tick (was Looking for a DMC (Ryan))

[DML] Motor Tick (was Looking for a DMC (Ryan))

When I first heard a motor tick from my DeLorean I thought it was a rod
problem, too.  It turned out to be just a leaky exhaust manifold
gasket.  Replacing them is not easy, but the job is much cheaper than
the engine rebuild I thought I needed.

The exhaust manifold gasket is a pretty common failure point in
DeLoreans, and to this day I am amazed at the awful sound made by any
DeLorean afflicted with this problem.  It really does sound like moving
engine parts smashing into each other in ways never intended by PRV.
You'd think the engine was tearing itself apart.

I might be wrong, but if I am right this DeLorean can be purring like a
kitten for $30 in parts and one day of hard work.

- Mike Substelny
VIN 1280, 10 wonderful years