[DML] Re: Other Workshop Manuals

For systems unique to the car you're going to have to use DMC
literature from some source. Sorry.

For the engine, best bet is Volvo factory literature. B27 rebuild
manual (dark green cover with "Volvo" logo, not light green with
"gears" logo) is illustrated with honest to goodness photographs.
Shows engine disassembly all the way to a bare block and back out. B28
rebuild manuals are broken down into smaller volumes, illustrated with
line drawings similar to the DeLo Workshop Manual (although some are
color). Both are much more comprehensive than Section C of the DeLo
manual.

I highly recommend Volvo's "Group 23" CI manual. 120 plus pages.
Covers every permutation of K Jetronic they ever used.

Volvo puts out a nearly 200 page "Group 20-27, Excluding Group 23"
manual (each engine system is a "Group" -- Group 22: Lubricating
System, Group 26: Cooling System, etc). Broad overview of every
B27A-F/B28A-F from 1975 up to date of publication (mine is 1983).

Lambda is part of Group 25 (Intake/Exhaust System). Get 1980 or later
publication dates if you need it. I've seen on eBay Volvo manuals that
cover Lambda only (I've even seen one labeled "O2 Sensor", although
it's hard to imagine a manual so devoted).

Renault factory literature (blue covers) is far below Volvo standards.
Thin and much less comprehensive, with sparse illustrations. Type face
looks like a typewriter. English translation is not 100%. They do
however make manuals that cover our transmissions exclusively.

Note that Volvo and Renault factory literature is European sized 8x12,
with different spaced holes. Will not fit into one of our 3 ring binders.

Bill Robertson