Re: [DML] Vendors workshop manuals

In a message dated 9/9/2004 9:30:12 AM Eastern Standard Time,
yahoo1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Are the vendor's workshop manuals as bad as mine? Mine looks
photocopied, and is in a huge three ring binder. Pictures are almost
impossible to see (they look like large black blobs), page numbers are
hard to read and I can't find a decent table of contents. So it's
almost impossible for me to find anything.

Hello Ryan-
Sounds like a homemade photocopy, as you said. The vendor repros are clearer
but I find that quality varies a bit, plus there are still some pale, hard to
read areas. Not always the vendors fault. A lot of the originals are pale too,
like part of the wiring diagram.  I've never seen a fully readable original
yet... or one for the '82-83 configuration. The Service Bulletin repros vary a
bit on what they include. As someone already said, these manuals are not
terribly owner friendly, having been designed for dealer tech use only.  Nobody has
taken it upon themselves to do any editing or updating of the manuals, and
some errors do exist.  I've been griping about this, and wanting to do it for
years but never got past collecting all the original manuals. That's why you
should use use the manuals for general information, but confirm and get specific
info from the vendor you get your parts from.

Wayne A. Ernst