[DML] Re: Ignition issue- RESOLVED (long)

[DML] Re: Ignition issue- RESOLVED (long)

The other thing that wasn't mentioned is that these filters are what
is known as "Full Flow". What this means is that ALL the oil from the
oil pump is filtered. On filters like this (all modern filters) there
is a bypass valve. If the filter gets too dirty the oil will still get
to the bearings, just not filtered. This is done to keep the filter
element from blowing through and to continue oil flow to the engine.
There are all kinds of different specifacations for this "Bypass
Pressure". Only by getting the filter that is recommended by the
manufacturer of the car can you be sure you are using the "correct"
filter. Cross-referenced filters may not be right. An individual owner
does not have the werewithal, time, and resources to qualify ALL of
the parts on his car. The Delorean venders do. If there was something
better for the car they would know it, and supply it. It is in their
collective interest to supply us, the customers, with the best parts
they can. The same cannot be said about the 17 year old behind the
counter at Autozone.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

> No Prob, Jeremiah.  I have some connections in the industry and just
wanted
> to relay what information i do have. for the record, i use and have
only used
> the Purflux filter.  maybe someone on this list will buy the Fram
filter, tear
> it open, and compare it to the Purflux.  that would be helpful.
>
> Anyway, Fram consistently scores poorly on independant filter
quality tests
ved]