[DML] Re: hotstart problems

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Me <fleetofworlds@xxxx> wrote:
> Note to new owners.The fuel accumulator is not always responsible
for the car not starting when hot.This problem is also caused by an
overheted fuel system.

Hi there. I usually lurk but here is some advice:

The accumulator is only one of a series of devices that maintain rest
pressure in the fuel system. Maintaining liquid fuel under pressure
in the system raises the vapor pressure of the fuel and prevents
common hot start problems.

If you're forced to ventilate the engine bay to get a hot start after
changing your accumulator you still have a problem either with rest
pressure or an unrelated hot start issue. I suggest you measure the
rest pressure to verify it remains within the specs and time noted in
the manual.

As long as rest pressure is maintained there is no typical heat soak
condition that should cause fuel vaporization and prevent a hot
start.

Gary