[DML] Update on my high idle.

Hey everyone!

Thank you all for your quick replies and excellent
suggestions.  The throttle cable was on the spool, but
it had been held up on the lower end (closer to the
valve body).  My car had been "altered" at one point -
the throttle and cpu governor cables are held together
by a plastic tie.  The black throttle cable comes to
the spool, but before it gets there it becomes "fat"
with finely twined wire, then only one tiny shiny
metal wire goes to the throttle spool.  The "fat area"
had popped out of the black sheathing, causing the
throttle to stick a bit.  The car had also been
heavily enriched (to my own fault there trying to fix
it, just causing it to be worse), AND the idle speed
microswith was a bit off.  One of the nuts that hold
the "hammer" had loosened a bit, and the hammer pushed
the microswitch all the way down.  I'm assuming that
causes the throttle plates to be wide open, which
would definitely explain my 3000+ rpm at idle.
Anyhoo, I've straightened everything out to the best
of my abilities, and I think everything's copasetic
now!  Thank you everyone for your replies and
suggestions; I actually print them all out and put
them in notebooks in case the similar signs return.
Now for next Saturday...the day Casey and I begin to
change the exhaust manifold gaskets...=)

Jeremiah

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail