Re: [DML] Looking for a DMC

Sure, there is the exception to every rule, and it sounds like you got
lucky.

Ask John Hervey who rebuilds brakes every day what these calipers look like
after 20 something years... my car looked perfect and was driven often, the
brakes were froze up and rusted.
After 20+ years of inactivity you will need to replace most all of the hoses
in the car, the fuel boot and most likely the pump as well, not to mention
all the standard electrical updates.
Is there ANYONE on this list who has a DAILY DRIVER who has not done these
updates?
If you haven't you will be stuck on the side of the road.

A car that has been driven frequently with about 20K-40K miles on it has had
these things done
by necessity in order to keep it running.

A "collector" car that has been stored is going to need to be updated to
make it reliable.
There are a lot of low mileage cars that have been stored but unless they
were kept in a
climate controlled storage (like mine was) the interior leather will turn
hard and slick.
Although not cracked, it needs to be reconditioned or replaced.
As perfect as I thought my car was, I still ended up replacing the seat
covers.

Let me ask you a few questions that I think will help prove my point.

Q: How many miles have you put on your car since you got it?
Q: Do you drive it as a daily driver?
Q: How much have you invested in the car, your purchase price and updates?

Is there anyone on this list who has bought or sold a DeLoren for
$35,000.00?

Most people I have talked to have spent between $10K and $20K on their cars.
I would like to know how many people have actually bought one of DMCH's
restored cars for that price.
For $35K I would sell you my Delorean and deliver it to you with a cake.
You can build yourself one hell of a Delorean for that kind of bread.

For the record, I bought my car off of eBay for about $15K, then replaced:
The seats, radio, speakers, alternator, brake system, all radiator hoses,
fuel boots and hoses,
electrical fuses and relays, ZILLA updates, radiator and fans, belts and
pullys, tail light boards,
all bulbs and now the door seals and struts.

- Videobob
VIN#5278