Re: [DML] Looking for a DMC (Andy)

Andy,

Thanks for the response.  It has been a while since I have driven the car,
about a month and a half, and even that was only for an hour or so.  But
I'll try to give you a better idea of what the car was like.

When I drove up I saw them quickly using Windex to clean the bird crap off
the hood, though this car has been garaged its entire life.  I was surprised
for a car that was used so infrequently that many of the interior components
failed to operate.  Such as the door locks, the battery (which I assume is
because of the locks), the blowers, A/C, possibly heat (didn't check),
passenger window goes up "sometimes", fuel gauge does not operate, gas has
been in tank for possibly over a decade, last inspection '92, many latches
don't work (glove box, hood, engine bay cover, etc.),  They have added a
radar detector, which doesn't work, using Velcro to the dash, which has kind
of destroyed it.  The body is in good shape with only one small ding on the
top of the drivers side door (doesn't bother me), all head-liners are
sagging, clearly needs weather seal work.

The owner says they try to at least fire up the engine twice a year to make
sure it still runs.  They cannot drive it any great length for reasons of
inspection, registration, etc.
One thing I did notice is when the owner attempted to shift into reverse
(5-speed trans.) the gears ground, made me a little nervous, however he did
eventually get it.  When I drove it the other gears seemed to shift OK,
never used reverse.

Also note, EVERYTHING is original down to the tires, I have heard of many
improvements / upgrades that are considered a necessity to use this car as a
daily driver, this car has not seen any of those.

Your response is greatly appreciated.

Todd