AW: [DML] cooling fan issue

The fans don't turn off when engine is cooled down ?

First check the otterstat switch - pull off one wire. If they turn
off now - replace that switch. (left side of the engine bay at the pipe)

If this isn't the problem - check the relay, swap it with another.
Also try to play with the wires near the fuse box. Push and pull them
a little bit. Does it stop now ?

Relay and fuse contacts tend to get hot, especially when the contacts
are oxydized over the years. This lets the plastic melt and stuff like
that happens.

I don't believe that you have a problem with air in the cooling system
because then the fans wouldn't turn on at all !

Already been there this year with 6548.

Elvis & 6548

Hey Everybody

I took my car out for a spin last night- first time in a few weeks. I
had a funny occurance with my cooling fans- they wouldn't turn off. I
recently had my cooling system open while I was doing some work, so
could this be a symptom of having air stuck in the top of the radiator?
I already have the water pump self-bleeder line working for me, but I
recently learned that air can be trapped at the other end of the car and
cause mischief. How do I bleed the air out of the radiator?

Thanks in advance!

Eric

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/dmcnews