Re: [DML] Re: The problem with my car...

Re: [DML] Re: The problem with my car...

Hi Toby thanks for the reply. Ok I done that (already done that when I got the car but the sand seems to of have built up again) and it didnt work. Another guy over here in Ireland asked me to check a few things and report back, so hopefully he will come up with a solution (he got the car going in the first place, along with many more here in Ireland, the guy is a genius!)
Thanks again Toby, I'll let you know how I get on
Thomas
Vin #4087
p.s. any other suggestions welcome!

tobyp@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Thomas - We had a PNDC member in Spokane, Washington with an
automatic. He had a similar challenge, in that the starter wouldn't
crank or even make a noise. A few of us went over for a parade
there, and had a mini-tech session with this car to see if we could
get it going so that the owner could be in the parade. After
tracing down all of the wires, and doing a bunch of basic trouble-
shooting, we arrived at the solution. There are some large
connectors under the coil cover that connect several of the wiring
looms together through the "firewall". It turned out that there was
some corrosion on one of the terminals in the red connector (as I
recall) that was for a white/red wire. When we cleaned and reset
all of the connectors in this area, the car started flawlessly. In
the wiring diagrams, this white/red wire goes from the starter
solenoid through to the start inhibit relay. (When one hears the
term "start inhibit", what comes to mind?) All this to say, take
each of those connectors apart, clean each terminal with emery cloth
and contact cleaner, and then reassemble with dielectric grease.
Then, when your car starts, let the List know what the solution was
for everybodies learning.

Toby Peterson VIN 2248 "Winged1"
DeLorean Parts Northwest, LLC
www.delorean-parts.com