[DML] Re:Fascia paint

Thanks for all the replys and the picture Dave,I think it looks good
from that angle.

My opinion is that when the cars were produced you they only had
1970's paint techonology to work with. Paint has come a very long
way since and almost anything can now be done such as cars that are
2& 3 different colours from different angles. Silver paint today is
very  different from silver when the car were produced with new
metalic's etc. As Bill pointed out you CAN actually get Stainless
Steel paint which isnt just a paint that claims to look like
stainless but is actually stainless. It is a very high concentration
of stainless steel fleck's in clear epoxy ( i pesume? ) There is a
company here in Oz that will coat anything in a metal coating. The
main call is for timber products to be coated to apper as metal
(copper, brass, stainless etc..) I have seen a flat timer door they
coated in Stainless for the front of a house that unless you knocked
on it you would swear this thing was carved out of a solid piece of
stainless steel! It is hugely expensive and you can't buy the paint
yourself as they use special applicators and the secret is all in
the way it is put on and curing but it can be done. I dont see a
problem with painting the fascia as they also coat other flexible
plastic products.
Not to say i would have this done but maybe if this technology were
available back then things would have looked different?

Thanks again and i will post some pic's if i have something apart
from the standard done....

Cheers Nick 10927