[DML] Re: SIDE STRIPES

Bob,
     The stripes look great and appear to have the original graining
in them.  That should make the purists happy...:)  I have a question
for you though: Are they made from 3M Scotch-Cal as the originals
were?  I ask because of this-3M Scotch-Cal is UV resistant.  Is the
new material you are using also UV resistant and to what degree?  It
has been my experience (especially here in the desert) that materials
such as the side stripes are prone to failure from the intense
sunlight/UV radiation.  UV radiation failure would cause the stripes
to bubble and peel off of the car.  Have you done any testing with the
new material or can we be assured that it is of equal or better
quality than the 20+ year old original 3M material still stuck to the
sides of our cars?

Matthew
VIN 16816