[DML] Re: Door won't close

If it will not come unlatched then the latch was probably never
working - that is, it was always "unlatched" when the door was
closed. The operating rod inside the door is probably damaged or is
disconnected. Looks like you are going to have to go door-diving to
find out. It is not that big of a deal once you are in there - I
seriously doubt if the latch is bent - it would take some serious
slaming to do that.

There is a service bulletin devoted to door-lock door-latch
adjustments (ST-10-8/81). Once the parts are working you should
follow the steps EXACTLY. Don't get out of sequence. Once set they
seldom get out of adjustment again.

Harold McElraft - 3354