[DML] Woodward Dream Cruise

For those members who could not attend the "cruise of the year" held in Detroit this past Saturday, let me give you a hint of what you missed - more perfect weather could not have been scripted - no clouds, high 70's. This was the 10th year with what started as a small community cruise on a Saturday in August. Now, the cruise goes about 5 miles on Woodward Avenue which is a main drag in Detroit. Most of the street is 3 - 4 lanes wide in each direction with a huge grassed boulevard in the middle.

Picture 1.5 million people in that 5 mile strip. Picture 30,000 custom cars, antiques, concour cars, junkers, and moving mechanized things from as far as California. There were static car displays along the parking spaces and side streets. The big manufacturers had displays on the side streets. Bbq's were in front of, or beside most businesses for staff and friends. Lots of souvenir stands. ( I got a great black t-shirt) The bars and retaurants were jammed, the people on chairs and standing were 3 deep in places ........... and there were 5 DeLoreans plus one original owner (8,000 miles) who has never heard of this list. (car in the garage and needs to be fixed).

As well, some other DeLorean owners were not aware of this list either, and had no idea where to get even door struts. He sent his to Europe for a refill. One DeLorean had a nitrous kit in it ---- which I'm going to add to mine. He claims 100 hp boost for 2 - 3 seconds with no motor modifications (Stage 1). He has run the system for 2 years.

 I met nice people, (some really dumb),  walked about 7 miles, and had a great time.

Be there for 2005 Detroit Woodward Dream Cruise.

Marv.
# 17077
marv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx