[DML] Re: Door Dings Due To Upgraded Window Motors

[DML] Re: Door Dings Due To Upgraded Window Motors

I had the same problem however I did catch it before both doors were
dented. I haven't tried to remove the dent yet so I'm watching your
thread for suggestions.

The new window motors are NOT plug-and-play, contrary to the
instructions. If you want a smooth properly functioning window you
are in for some tedious work. What frustrated me is, with proper
instructions and information, the job could have been a 2 hour deal
instead of a 12 hour deal. I bent, re-bent, adjusted, aligned, etc.
I also scratched the tint I had on the windows. And the last bit of
irritation, if you are not just right in the alignment, a rattle is
quite noticeable when the window is down (This was discovered after
the second reassembly - ugh).

One thing for sure, I now know why the original window motor
assemblies were flexible at the motor attachment. Flexible is MUCH
more forgiving with the alignment to the window. I nursed the old
motor assemblies along for nearly 20 years and finally had to do
something when the driver's door window went down and stayed there.
I also had to act because my widows are activated by electronic
window relays attached to my alarm that automatically close the
windows when I arm it. (Shameless pride - I know)

Harold McElraft - 3354

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, PRC1216@xxxx wrote:
> I have a set of the upgraded window motors for my D, and as a
result I have a
> ding coming outward on each door.   I have tried bending the
window motor
> brackets and just about everything else, and I still cannot get it
to the point
> where there is no force being exerted outwards on the stainless.
The dings
> are right below the rubstrip on each door.   Are there any ideas
on how to fix
> this?   At PF, Randal Brown suggested using a hacksaw to level it
out and then
> regrain it with a flap sander.   I am thinking of using a file to
smooth it
> down and then regrain it.   Does anyone else have this problem?
Any other