Re: [DML] How long is too long?

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Harold McElraft" <hmcelraft@xxxx>
wrote:
> I find this hard to understand. This does not sound like PJ Grady -
> not even close. There has got to be more to it than this. Also, if
> it has been sitting outside for the last 3 years - untouched,
you've
> got more problems than a transmission.
>
> Harold McElraft - 3354
>

> --- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ralph Isenberg, III"
> <delorean1981dmc@xxxx> wrote:
> > Just a followup to my original post of last September. Still
> nothing done to the car that we know of. It was shipped to PJ Grady
in 2001,
> needing a new automatic transmission.

You say you gave him 5000K and your Delorean,and he just parks it
outside all these years,without even starting it once in a while,well
i hope you got a reciept,from him for the work to be done,as right
now,if the car has been sitting untouched for three years,its gonna
NEED,the fuel system totally redone,not to mention the master
cylinder,and possible interior work(cracked dash/barnicle/bleached
faded interior ect)tires might have dry rotted/cracked, brake rotors
are  solidly rusted(need to be turned)just pray your frame did not
rustout while sitting,if it was parked in a dirt yard,chances are you
GOT some frame rust in those three years of being parked.Your battery
is of course SHOT by now,just hope no windows were left open/or your
car had a leak problem,as the mold and mildew,would be like a mini
jungle in there,in effect what you own now(assuming all the above)is
a parts car or a total Delorean restoration project car.Usually in
the fine print,they state they are not responsible,for your car while
it is waiting for the repairs,that is if you signed a repair
order,your best bet is to see a lawyer,as NO repair shop,expecially
one that claims to be the"best" DMC shop around should treat a
customer,as badly as you have been treated,there is no excuse,that
they can come up with,to counterclaim,the misuse of your money and
your Delorean.In fact I think he should keep your Delorean,and in
turn just GIVE you a PJ grady "rebuilt" Delorean,and just pay him for
the orignal repairs,that were supposed to have been done.Let us know
of the end results.

dmclassicar
Bruno