Re: [DML] How long is too long?

I'd go get your car.  From my own experience, PJ Grady is a great
place to get helpful advice and buy parts, if they have them on hand
and are not feeling forgetful.  There has been an instance or two
where I've had to call more than once to get an order processed and
shipped.  Sometimes I've made multiple calls and never get anywhere
trying to get certain parts.  The reason just seems to be that the
work ethic is not all that rigorous.

Occasionally, I'm asked if I "need this part right away" or "before
the show."  Well now really, it shouldn't matter, should it?  If I
say that I do, does that mean someone else's order gets pushed aside
so mine can be filled sooner?  Maybe this is how people end up
waiting 3 years for things, because they're gypped by others who
*need* things fast.  Did you say that they could take their time
with your transmission? :)

3 years is definitely too long to wait, and I'd say your patience
has really been tried.  I'm not familiar myself with the automatic
transmission replacement since I have a manual.  A manual
transmission replacement could easily take place in a 1-3 days,
provided you are able to lift the car up.  I'd go get my car and
find a shop who wants to do it.

This is not meant to discredit PJ Grady as a great place to buy
parts.  We all need to be "put over the knee" once in awhile to keep
us in line :-P

Matt

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Ralph Isenberg, III"
<delorean1981dmc@xxxx> wrote:
> Just a followup to my original post of last September. Still
nothing done to the car that we know of. It was shipped to PJ Grady in 2001,
needing a new automatic transmission. We have the credit card reciept for the
$5000 we paid up front, to cover the tranny and a few other odds and ends.