Re: [DML] After MArket Cruise Control Removal...Help! :)

Re: [DML] After MArket Cruise Control Removal...Help! :)

You are a smart man to remove the cruise control. Very dangerous in a
DeLorean. I'm sure others in the group can and will dispute that but to get
back to your problem.

You can start at the control on the indicator arm, Usually held on with a
set screw, you will need a hex key wrench to remove it. There will probably
be a electrical connector a short ways down the wire from the control, go
ahead and disconnect that and remove the control unit. There should be a
switch with a vacuum hose attached to the brake pedal (not to be confused
with the brake light switch), go ahead and disconnect the vacuum hose and
remove the switch from the pedal.You may have to remove the center console
now to pull out the control wire harness and the vacuum hose. Find the "Hot"
wire on the harness and disconnect it. You should now be able to pull the
wire harness back into the engine compartment to where the control module
is. Under the car attached to one of the drive axles is the Vehicle Speed
Sensor, remove it. The wire from the VSS goes back to the control module in
the engine bay. Remove the vacuum hoses from the control module and remove
the module. Check your vacuum hose routing diagram located on the bottom of
the engine cover for proper hose routing and connections.

WARNING: These instructions are generic and are no way inclusive to all
cruise controls on the market. So anything you screw up...........

Dave Sontos