Re: [DML] Do fuel accumulators die overnight??... I'm stumped here.

On Aug 12, 2004, at 4:32 PM, Enid/Jeremiah wrote:

> To summarize everything you've said, I have the exact
> same identical situation with the exception that my
> timing isn't dead on.  All your "lukewarm" symptoms -
> I experience all of them as well.  To coincide with
> you, I as well have replaced every single fuel
> component, except the accumulator and cold start
> valve.  I have guesstimated/determined it's probably a
> dead accumulator.  Hopefully at least =P.

Well, I have a mild version of this "warm-start" syndrome as well. If I
hit just the wrong engine temperature (not too hot and not too cold), I
have starting trouble. But I have checked my fuel hold pressure
directly, so I know for sure that it is not an accumulator issue.  I
have also recently replaced my thermo-time switch. Switching the plugs
to force the cold-start valve always allows a start. Evidently there is
a temperature window between the thermo-time switch's idea of "cold"and
the engine's.  My next step is to test my new thermo-time switch to see
if perhaps it is miscalibrated.

John Hervey's web site suggests the alternate theory that this can be
caused by a worn O-ring in the primary pressure regulator:
http://specialtauto.com/delorean-parts/fuel-injection.html
John, can you tell us any  more about this?

At any rate, I can attest that this "warm-start" phenomenon is
definitely distinct from the classic "hot start" problem.

--Pete Lucas
   VIN #06703