Re: [DML] Turbos - bad wrap. What's UP!!

Re: [DML] Turbos - bad wrap. What's UP!!

>From all these posts on turbos it seems that some people are happy
with the setup, especally with certain modifacations like water
injection. I suggest that the people that are happy with their setups
document them so the people that have problems can compare notes and
maybe improve their instalations. It seems that the Island setup can
be improved with  water injection so this is something that should be
investigated further. I also figure timming is a major issue. It would
be good to document exactly what the base timing is and the advance.
Also how the "vacuum" advance is taken care of. There should also be a
measurement of the blowby (crankcase) pressure. How much boost is each
person using and what is their general level above sea level? As Mark
mentioned you can use more boost at higher levels above sea level than
someone at sea level without damage. This is why forced induction was
used in the first place. In aircraft it allowes the internal combution
engine to operate at great heights above sea level without a loss of
power.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Video Bob" <videobob@xxxx> wrote:
> I have never had the pleasure of driving a turbo Delorean.
> However if I had one I can assure you the engine would be toast
right now.
> Most of the people who have these turbos must have them adjusted
very low,
> and
> drive real nicey like and don't push the engine too hard.
> I can betchya I could blow your engine the first day.
> Where as, the stock engine is so choked and governed that it would
be tough.
> You would have to put it in 1st and floor it all day until it over
heated.

> I can't wait to get the DVD finished from Pigeon Forge,
> When Fred Deliis spoke about these turbos, he said that under
testing most