Re: [DML] need towing advice

Also, if you tow it backwards, you need to remove the louvers. You can
try to tie them down some how, but in the process, you'll probably
marr the finishes of whatever the rope, or bungee cord touches.

Technicly, yes, you can tow an automatic car by it's drive wheels. You
just have to disconnect the driveshaft, or halfshafts so that it
doesn't transfer power back into the transmission. FYI for those
curious: Placing the vehicle into neutral, or "N" is not acceptable.
When the input shaft is turned on a auto trans, it also drives an
internal fluid pump to keep the clutch packs, and internals
lubricated. So if those internals are being spun, and the pump is off
(in "N", the gears are not connected, so the pump is not engaged),
then with no lubrication inside, the transmission internals are just
going to be torn up.

Flatbed is the best idea for towing. But if you can do it, just drive
the car under it's own power. It's allot more fun, and allot less
worry.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"