[DML] Re: 6x8 speakers in rear

I gave those Pioneer speakers to Bill Robertson a while back for all of the help he has given me over the years. My sound system is actually pretty simple, and easily undone. A previous owner installed it, but I know it pretty well. I've got a JVC El Kameleon CD player which I feel perfectly matches the DeLorean's interior. Like the name kameleon suggests it blents in pretty well. Unlike many aftermarket stereos it doesn't jump out at you and scream for attention. It also uses the same green and oranges in it's display that are found in the DeLorean's dash lighting. When the stereo is turned off the face flips around and appears as if the faceplate has been removed. The speakers are Rockford Fosgate front and rear in stock sizes and locations, and give very crisp sound. There's an all one-piece amplified Pioneer 8" Bass tube in the rear parcel shelf. It's compact so it doesn't take up more than about 1/4 of the shelf. The cord running from the bass tube to the head unit runs under the console cover. The system won't hold a candle to many of the custom systems I've seen in DeLoreans, but it suits my needs very well. It gives very sharp treble and a pretty good kick for bass, but blends in with the car and can be reversed to stock pretty easily when the time comes. I'll upload pictures of it tomorrow to the photos section of the Yahoo DMC News site tomorrow under folder "VIN 5252."

Louie Golden
VIN 5252 Charlotte, NC

--- "Christopher Hawes" <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Louie,

I own vin 5255 in the UK and wondering if you could tell me more about your
upgraded sound system.

Do you have any pictures?

Regards

Chris