[DML] Re: Timing procedure

So I should see current across the vacuum advance solenoid when the
Idle Speed Microswitch is closed and when it opens the current should
turn off, which in turn opens the solenoid and provides the vacuum
advance to the distributor.  This of course only happens after the
thermo-time switch has warmed up and diverts manifold vacuum to the
solenoid instead of the Control Pressure Regulator correct.  What
else does the Idle Speed MicroSwitch control other than the vacuum
advance solenoid?  Would it be a sufficient test to see if the
current at the solenoid turns on when the switch is closed, and then
if there is a subsequent presense of vacuum at the distributor?

Jeff

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "content22207" <brobertson@xxxx>
wrote:
> Your vacuum advance solenoid is not operating properly. There should
> be no advance at idle.
>
> In the DeLo setup, vacuum advance is either full on or full off.
> Solenoid cuts off vacuum at idle, then shoots 100% as soon as the
> throttle plates open (idle speed microswitch opens).
>
> Plus there's no solenoid to malfunction, as yours obviously has.
>
> Delay valve is for Series 066 CPR full throttle fuel enrichment --
> another complicated setup that early imported Volvos (Series 004
CPR)