[DML] Re: Some Questions For The Group

> a) My windshield wipers work but the washer doesn't-I'm thinking
that most likely the washer motor has gone out or should I check for
something else first?

More than likely it's the pump.  Not much else between the pump,
filler bottle and wipers.  Could be the tiny hose is clogged.

> b) I just had all of the brake disc pads replaced but the front
brakes tend to squeak while braking.  Any ideas what could be causing
the noise?

If you can see a refelction of your hand on your rotors, then they
are glazed.  You can have them turned for about $20, but you may also
have some luck sanding them with a fine flapper wheel.

> c) About 50% of the time the car starts with no problem but the
other 50% it tries to turn over but just doesn't quite make it.  I
replaced the cold start valve but the problem still persists.  The
only way I can get it started when this happens is to use starting
fluid which I hate to do since I figured it can't be at all good for
the engine.  I definitely need a tune up as I have had the car for 2
months and haven't replaced any of the plugs or wires yet.  Any other
suggestions as to what may be causing my starting issue?

Check to see if your fuel pump has the wires secured on the contacts
and check the ground wires too for dirt.  When you turn the key, you
should hear the frequency valve buzzing behind you and the fuel pump
humming in front of you before you start the engine.  Sometimes it
can be an electrical issue so you may want to look into that.

Johnny
5518