RE: [DML] Some Questions For The Group

Mike-Welcome to the group, if you think this list is awesome you should try
attending the shows. It was incredible, my wife and I had a pulley seize and
the likes of Marty Meier and several other descended on the car to repair it
as soon as I arrived (and I had just met them). Locally, I too could not
have asked for a better support group of people including Dave Stragand, Dan
Plakosh, and Jeff Porter (Listed in order of impotance, sorry
Jeff..:)-kidding. Anyway, we have a few tech sessions a year and get some
great stuff accomplished at them.

Now on to your problems (I had most of the same ones when I first got mine)

A. I had this one, turned out to be the washer motor, which is a cheap part
but I thought it was a hassle to replace. Could also be a leak in the line
or it pinching somewhere (be carefull when you put it all back together not
to pinch that line). Do you hear the motor whine when you try to use them?

B. I thought disc brakes usually squeal because they are either old or that
adhesive/ spray stuff was not applied to them upon installation? Since you
just had them replaced I would think it was the latter. The front ones are
easy to remove and spray, I think the stuff prevents movent of the pad
inside the caliper?

C. You said the car starts 50% percent of the time? I'm curious, does it
always seem to start when cold? Mine was like that. Thankfully, I have Dave
here to test parts out on the issue (he also has a fuel pressure gauge) and
Dan to help replace the accumulator (ok, all I did was watch) which helps
keep pressure in the system after shutdown to prevent vapor lock. That
resolved the issue. You could also jumper the fuel pump in the relay
compartment to make sure it is working when it does not start, I also had a
bad ground for that, that was giving me an intermittent connection.

D. Weird, I have no idea about that.

Again, Welcome to the group.

Dom Diaz

Discover the best of the best at MSN Luxury Living. http://lexus.msn.com/