Re: [DML] Fan fix Relay......Question which one???

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Payne" <bpayne@xxxx> wrote:
> You could go with Fanzilla if you wish. It's a great product but the
only
> downside is the price. You can check out pjgrady.com for more
information
> about it's features.
>
> John Hervey sells the Fan Fix at specialtauto.com. It's a different
design
> but a good way to go if you're trying to save some money. He stands
behind
> the product if you ever have problems. It also lights up your
cooling fan
> fail warning light whenever the fans are on so you can see when
they are
> actually being powered.
>
> Payne
> > Hiya All

They're both great products.  I have John's Fan Fix in my car and have
no complaints about it.  It doesn't switch on the fans sequentially
like the Fanzilla does, but it still greatly reduces the load on the
car's electrical system, since it draws directly from the battery
instead of through the circuit box.  As for the Fanzilla, I've heard
nothing but praise about it as well.  They're both wise replacements
for the blue fan-fail module, which has almost a 100% failure rate,
and the jumper wire "factory fix" which is a fire waiting to happen.
Mine was already partially melted when I took it out!  A fire in the
fuse/relay area is disastrous, since it is surrounded by wood(!)
Still scratching my head over why DMC did that.

Richard Rowe
Vin 5853