RE: [DML] Fan fix Relay......Question which one???

RE: [DML] Fan fix Relay......Question which one???

Mike,
What do you think or want the relay kit to do. I believe there is a pre
conceived notion that a relay kit that cost $200.00 and one the cost $99.00
will do a better job.
( not true. ) We use top quality Bosch 40amp relay's along with name brand
fuses and circuit breakers like Bussman and Littlefuse. The problem is we
buy them in quantity and pass on the savings with our low over head. It's
like going to a shop and telling everyone I spent $1000.00 on getting some
work done with $300.00 worth of fuel parts. The $700.00 worth of labor
doesn't make the car run better and neither does the difference in cost of
parts. I know several people that learned on their cars how to fix them and
saved a lot of labor from very good qualified shops.
I guess my point is that throwing a few parts at the car isn't going to fix
all that ails a 20+ year old car that most likely wasn't taken car of over
the years. Problems need to be addressed either as I do pre maintenance or
get the knowledge of the group or your favorite shop as to what needs to
make the car a reliable driving machine.
I will try to help anyone that has a problem with the car in respect as to
what I do and sell, but there are other people in the group that have better
expertise in other areas of the car.
John Hervey
www.specialtauto.com
Home of the Fan Fix 2 x 2