RE: [DML] ac question

Oliver, This question seems to come up every year and there are several on
the list that have opinions and solutions. Here is what I have found.

#1. If you have the blower motor or inside fan on 1 or 2 speed and the mode
switch on max and your re-circulating cold inside the compartment air then
the evaporator will have a tendency to freeze up faster and will shut on and
off in trying to protect it's self.

#2. If you put the mode switch on normal and draw in warmer outside air and
leaving the blower motor on 1 or 2 then the cycling switch will not cycle as
much.
Also if you put the blower motor on a higher speed and blow more and warmer
air over the evaporator coil then it won't cycle as much.

It all boils down to moving air over the evaporator coil to prevent freeze
up.

John Hervey
www.specialtauto.com