[DML] Re: ac question

If you filled it and it was OK for a while and now it is acting up
again it sounds like you have a leak and you really need to fix it
instead of constantly refilling the system. Have the system pressure
tested, find and fix all leaks, drain and refill the compressor with
fresh oil, and maybe replace the accumulater/dryer. Replace the
service valve cores. Have the shop pull a hard vacuum and hold it for
at least an hour before recharging. Also make sure the condensor coil
is clean, that is, it is not plugged up with leaves and debris and
that both fans are working, blowing in the right direction (front to
back) the fans are tight on the shafts, the circuit breaker for the
fans is uprated so it isn't cutting out, and the cooling system for
the motor is in good shape. The A/C is tested with the inside fan on
high speed and the motor should be running over 1000 RPM. The A/C
cannot be properly tested for performance at idle.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "standalonedump" <stingray1963@xxxx>