RE: [DML] Re: Turbo question

( Moderator's note: www.turbonetics.com is a good turbo source. They own the Rajay name now and service and sell them. The Rajay is the turbo used on the BAE single turbo kits. www.turbocity.com is another source for rebuilds and rebuild kits.)

I have an 83 with an early set of island turbos i.e. no cats...I have not
been able to figure out if they are working right or not. When I accelerate
or rev up the engine...the boost gauge drops to zero and recovers very
slowly...also I get a putt putt sound when accelerating from a stopped
position and it has pretty slow to pick up. I am not sure whether or not
these units have any oil cooling at all...I have not seen any information
that says they do nor have I noticed any oil lines traveling to them.

I have not been able to find anyone I would trust to look at them...PJ Grady
told me he does not work on them any more and Calloway (Turbo Charged)
Corvettes which is nearby also would not touch them ... additionally I
contacted this woman Eleanor who used to market the kits after her husband
passed away and she sent me some specification info but could not recommend
anyone who could service them in New England...I have no idea whether these
units are helping or hurting the car's performance.

Sincerely,

Mike

Michael W. Townsley
2 Fox Hill Road