[DML] Re: Alternator

I would also like to add a comment about John's Hervey's
alternators. I bought a 130 from John in hopes of upgrading from a
working Motorola and finding a replacement that would last longer
than a few miles and a couple of hours. I've been through 2 of
Grady's and 1 rebuild of my own. Rod was very helpful but felt like
the problem was with my car. So, I checked out the electrical system
to the point of checking and cleaning and testing virtually every
connection on the car, running volt meters continuously on the car
to try and find spikes and determine why - and on and on. I could
find nothing unusual. The Motorola continued to work fine but still,
when everything was on at night, 13 volts or just below.

Well, John's appears to work! I know he has done some special things
to accommodate the DeLorean surges, etc. and they appear to be doing
the job. Everything electrical seems to work much better. I've had
the 130 on since the day after PF and driven nearly 750 miles and
hours of fun driving. I've even quit carrying the Motorola in the
trunk.

Harold McElraft - 3354

-- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, DMCVIN6683 <dmcvin6683@xxxx> wrote:
> I was the one at Pigeon Forge that won the Alternator from John
Hervey