[DML] LED Pics in "Photos" Section

Hi Michael,
 The LED's you saw belong to me. I've been running them for about
five years now. Back then there were no direct replacements for some
of the base sizes and the ones they did have for example: the 1156 &
1157, they where new and very expensive.

 Since my company was in off-road vehicle manufacturing, we needed a
bulb that could survive in the water, mud, and deal with the
constant vibration.
So we talk to some vendors like Radiantz, LEDTronics, Jamstraight,
and quite a few others. We did numerous light tests with a light
Meter, with and without the housings. We consulted the SAE and DOT
Literature.

 So, we decided on the Jamstraits Hyper-Brights good but still
expensive. Then I did my own tests on the Delorean Taillights. And I
found the same thing. They were brighter and filled the housing at
the required angles needed for DOT. But didn't swap out my
taillights till a couple years later when the price came down.

 That was the easy part, the side markers and the door lights were
not yet available. I contacted http://www.radiantz.com/ They make
custom LED applications. They had allot of ideas for the taillights,
door lights, front blinkers and side marker lights. But $$$. And
everything had to do with custom fitting. (Cutting the lenses).
They showed me their beautiful Dodge Challenger with LED strips
across the back as a third brake light, pretty cool.

 Then I decided to customize my own lenses starting with the side
markers and the front blinkers, I purchased a LED third brake light
from JC Whitney for $11.00. I took it apart, removed the led's and
resistors.
And purchased generic light boards from Radio Shack (you have
questions they sometimes have answers). Then I made my own custom
LED boards. Then after that I did a set for the door lights. Then
after that the 194 became available. But I never swapped any of my
custom stuff out. I like the way it looks with more LED's in the
lenses.

 The only places where I don't have LED's on my car are the glove
box and the A/C panel. At the time I asked the list to watch out for
those BA7's. Now they are available. Instead I purchased the
indiglow just for the A/C panel in red to match my red dash LED's.
I'll swap it out later.

 I put pictures in the Yahoo groups a while back and a detailed list
of vendors and bulb sizes for the DeLorean in the Files folder.
Before anyone asks, I don't sell LED lights. There are about 100 or
so vendors out there that sell direct replacements or individually
for customizing. My opinion I would not purchase any 1156, 1157 or
194 LED other than Jamstraits. The Hyper-brights not the Super-
brights. The Super-brights are equivalent to what everyone else is
selling.

 I might have other pictures available of my custom lights. If you
want them contact me off list.
Hope this helps,
Mike
Vin#1113