[DML] Objection to the Production Chronology notes (was Warranty Card In

[DML] Objection to the Production Chronology notes (was Warranty Card Information)

Just for kicks, I looked up my own car and mine says "Problem with AC
leak on floor."  Come on!  I've had MANY more problems than that!  Who
hasn't?  I bought it with a few dings, cooked interior, shoddy
transmission, and plenty of cosmetic problems just to name a few.  All
of which have been fixed as thoroughly and properly as possible, but
shall we chalk those down in the "Production Chronology VIN List" as
well?

To be completely honest, I'm a bit miffed that this trite problem with
the drain tube getting clogged (and thus, dumping water on the floor)
at some point over the past seven years would show up as a "blemish" in
the "Production Chronology VIN List" next to my beloved #6344.  I don't
see too many other DeLoreans with problems listed next to them.  In
fact, according to my PDF viewer, the word "problem" occurs only three
times in this document.  The other two are "Problems with frame rust"
and the infamous "repair problems."  Hmm...

I can understand the reasoning behind including notes on DeLoreans that
have been "taken out of the pool" by being catastrophically damaged,
destroyed, or otherwise made incapable of serving as a means of
transportation.  But pointing out a clogged drain tube, especially when
compared to a "rusted frame," seems pretty misplaced to me.  I argue to
say that the vast majority of the vehicles on the Production Chronology
have experienced some "problem" over the years.  And I bet plenty of
those problems were far worse than a clogged drain tube.  I've had
plenty worse myself!

Rarely does a day go by without some problem being posted on the DML,
which I suppose is how my problem found its way into the Chronology
(and that automatic entry is disturbing enough in and of itself).

Should I even care?  Probably not; I'm planning on driving my car until
it becomes undrivable, but it's the principle of the matter at hand
that I care about.  "Singling out" is probably a gross exaggeration in
this case (I should hope so at least!), but why only the three of us?

Let's take some of these "problems" out, shall we?  Or, let's start a
new document for the "problems!"  Watch out, it'll be a big one!

Happy motoring,

Travis Graham
#6344 - it once had a clogged drain tube.

P.S. And by the way, the last time I drove #6344, the AC condensation
was draining just fine.