[DML] More New Owner Questions

Hi gang,
I have some more questions that perhaps members of the group can help answer.  The front of my car has 2 deer warning attachments  by the headlights-are these a DeLorean item or something that was added on later which I should probably just remove?  Also, my interior carpet is in O.K. shape but has some slight staining due to age.  Is it possible to dye the carpet instead of replacing all of the pieces?  I have a black interior but the carpet looks as if it's gray with some fading due to age.  On a funny side note my wife and I caught the beginning of "Back To The Future" on Sunday right at the part where Marty tries to restart the car after arriving in 1955 and is forced to push it behind a billboard after it wouldn't fire up again.  We went out swimming on Monday and on the way back from the rec center I couldn't keep the car idling correctly(turned out to be a spark plug problem) so I ended up having to push the car down the block to our house proving once again that truth can be stranger than fiction!
Frustrated but still loving DeLoreans,
Mike