RE: [DML] Something Fishy on E-Bay

Am I missing something?  What is so special about Vin
1302?

I remember seeing this car on Ebay a few years ago.
Also for sale by someone in NH.  I don't know if this
is a new owner, or the same one from years ago.

At the time, I did call Don @ DeLorean Motor Center
and even sent him the link to the auction.  At the
time, he said "it looked familiar".. thinking he had
done the inter cooler install at some point.

Just to be sure, when I saw this auction I sent an
e-mail to Fred Dellis to ask him about it.  He has not
yet responded.

I also e-mailed the seller, who again said this WAS a
Legend car.  when I asked him for some sort of
documentation, proof, or story as to why he thought it
was... he did not respond.

A few comments about the car and auction:

It is unclear how the air is supposed to flow through
the inter cooler (for cooling).  Does the air come up
from the bottom and get sucked out the louvers?  or
the other way around?

The auction also says the engine was rebuilt.  There
are no details as to what parts were used.  If stock
DMC engine parts were used, than this engine will
suffer the same limitations as every other bolt on kit
for the DeLorean does.

--- Cecil Longwisch <dmc1982@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> There is something fishy here and it may be
> intentional and may not. I
<snip>