[DML] Door key won't turn

My driver side door sometimes won't unlock properly.  Turn the key to unlock,
and it hangs up halfway like it was spring loaded. I have to open the
passenger side and reach across to open it. Moving the door lock rocker switch won't
work, even doing it repeatedly... it gets hung up also. Lifting the door
opener lever frees everything. I'll watched it happen with the inner panels
removed- the bellcrank pops about a quarter inch then it's free. Doesn't seem like a
solenoid issue since the problem comes and goes. I even totally removed the
upper and lower inner door panels, the door lock rocker, everything right down
to and including the plastic vapor barrier. Thought I might see something
binding. Even with half the bellcrank rods dangling it still did the same. While
we're at it... sometimes when I close the door, it won't latch shut unless I
lock and unlock the door first. Maybe a problem with a latch or latches causing
both?  Any ideas?

Wayne A. Ernst
vin 11174
Bridgeton, NJ