Re: [DML] DELOREAN SAFETY

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Louie G <louie@xxxx> wrote:
> There was a DML member who died several years back in his. The
details were very bad and I don't want to upset anyone by passing
along the specifics, but that is the only one I can think of.
<SNIP>

Details of the crash can be found in the back issue archives here:
http://www.dmcnews.com/backissues/nov99files/dmcnews%20digest4601-
4620.htm

There was some debate here on about whether or not to post pictures
of the wrecked car, and some thought that it was rather macabre to
even think about that. All we know is that the driver died later at
the hospital as a result of the injuries he sustained. No word was
ever mentioned of the passenger, and I've always been curious as to
exactly what kind of injuries the two people involved sustained. I'd
be willing to bet that the driver wasn't wearing a seat belt.

http://www.wreckedexotics.com has a set of pictures of a wrecked D,
that does have roof damage, a cut top, bent steering wheel, and some
blood stains inside. But since it does have some rear damage, it may
not be the same one. But since I wasn't there, I don't know how the
scene was played out. Damage is mainly in the left side of the car,
and the steering wheel looks to have been impacted while it was
turning right. The driver here was hit pretty hard. May not be the
same exact car, but it still, this one is interesting to look at. I
know that one DML member has seen the car. Can we get confirmation?

For all of the pics we can get of our cars in piles of parts, torn
apart, and completely rebuilt, wrecked ones are pretty rare. And it's
always interesting to see the final function of what your car can do,
if not have the piece of mind that you'll survive...

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"