[DML] Re: Solutions to binnacle problems

[DML] Re: Solutions to binnacle problems

Darren - Sometimes, we need to get back to the basics.  Remove the
radio, and find the ground point along the metal structure just to
the right of the radio opening (usually).  There are a few wires
attached to a screw there.  Verify that this ground is clean and
secure.  There is another ground on the passengers side just behind
the vertical carpeted panel at the back of the parcel shelf.  It is a
stud attached through the fiberglas underbody, and is a major ground
point for many things in the engine compartment.  Check and clean
that ground as well.  The advice offered by others on this List is
also good advice.  Please let us know what you find out so that
everybody can benefit from your situation.  DPNW does have new tach's
and other dash instruments in stock if yours is bad.

Toby Peterson  VIN 2248 "Winged1"
DeLorean Parts Northwest, LLC
www.delorean-parts.com

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "darrendiver" <darrendiver@xxxx>
wrote:
> Has anyone ever had a Tach go out?  How does it behave when the
tach is bad?  I am getting power to the rear of the binnacle and I
have a tach, fuel gauge not working.  The fuel sender is new but
there is no power to the fuel sender from the gauge.  Also, my
transmission is putting out a signal that it is stuck in second
gear.  I had someone look at the modulator and there was nothing
obviously wrong with the circuit boards.  Can someone give me ideas
where else to look.