Re: [DML] Re: Help--Lost all Brakelights!? Fixed, sort of

Re: [DML] Re: Help--Lost all Brakelights!? Fixed, sort of

Hey there Derek,
     No those are not the LEDs that I purchased.   I got these:
http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/ProductDisplay/s-10101/storeId-10101/p-2186/c-10101/catal
ogId-10101

I am sure they are made by the same company.   And yes, the back of the
package was a joke.   Mine did only light when wired one way...but apparently they
screwed something up at the factory.   The lights would only work when the -
wire was attached to the + terminal, and the + wire to ground.   I assume they
accidentally connected the wrong wires to the wrong spots at the sweatshop
where they must have been built.   They are very cheap lights, very shoddy
feeling, and its not worth damaging your DeLorean with them.   To be fair, Shannon
Yocom has them on his car and they work fine for him.   If I were to put a 3rd
brakelight on, which I will not ever do now, I would add on one of the third
brakelights on the top louvre like people had at PF.   Apparently instead of
paying $150+ for them from a D vendor, you can get the same IDENTICAL light for
$40 at the Chevrolet dealership.   It's off of an '86 Corvette (they should
bring up a picture of it on their computer).   Just don't tell them its for your
DeLorean.

Good luck, I wouldn't risk putting those LEDs on, and if you do, add in a
separate fuse just in case.
Patrick
1880