Re: [DML] Vandalism to my D

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "Dani B" <5n-@xxxx> wrote:
> Although I have been lucky and never had anything happen to my Delo
> (knock on wood), I did install a similar paging alarm. I like mine
> with the siren off, most times people don't even pay attention to
> alarms and when they go off-no one even looks usually people just
want
> it to shut up. I like mine off because when I get paged I'm ready to
> surprise the person setting it off, and if they are damaging my car
> I'll be ready to kick some a$$.
<SNIP>

A pager is really the last thing that I need (I already have 2 cell
phones, and a pager that I carry in my car). If someone is going to
vandalise my car, they're gonna do it. And when choosing between
ruining the mood of a good evening out by the pager going off, or
waiting till things are over to discover damage (possibly), I'll hold
off and wait until I get to the car. Even if I encounter the person
(s) doing the damage, that does not guarantee that an ass whopin' is
going to ensue. I'd rather replace some glass, or bang out a couple
of dents, rather then get shanked or clubbed by some idiot out in the
parking lot. Or just as bad, get arrested on assault, & battery
charges, and the lawsuit against me that WILL follow.

Alot cheaper than an alarm, try doing some proactive precautions when
parking your car. Don't park your car where it's prone to drunk
people. The overwhelming majority of people here that have reported
in vandalism to their cars have had it done by drunks. Out side of
pubs, bars, college riots, etc.. When going to park your car, put it
in the most conspicuous place ever, where the most people are. With
the DeLorean in a line of cars, you'd be surprised at how many people
don't even realize it's there. Hell, my neighbors parked across from
me for over a month, and never realized what I had until they saw me
open the door one day! Plus, people who recognize the car have a
tendancy not to park close to it. The misconception that our doors
need more space makes people think that we might hit their cars.
Hence they tend not to park close.

Most important of all, STOP WORRYING ABOUT YOUR CARS!!!! You can't
live in constant fear of somthing happening to your car. That is
going to quickly cancel out any enjoyment that you get from driving
the car. If the concern about leaving your car in a particular place
is that overwhelming, then just leave it at home. And if you even
have the incling to shoot someone because they sat in your car, you
seriously need to get your priorities adjusted. If you leave your
doors unlocked, or even open in a public place, then don't expect
nothing to happen. Especially around inebriated people, who've lost
their inhibitions/common sense. Even I have had to deal with a
stranger jumping in my car, and I did threaten him. But there is no
way on earth that I'm willing to take his, or the life of another
person simply for sitting in my car. At that point, you obsessing
with an inanimate object far too much.

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"