[DML] Re: Help--Lost all Brakelights!

Go to the fuse block and pull fuse #18. It is the one all the way on
the bottom right side. Check for power there. It is possible one of
the connectors slide back and is not making contact with the fuse. If
you have power there go to the brake switch. You should have power on
one side of it if you got power in and out of the fuse. If you don't
you have a wiring problem. If you do, then use a paper clip and short
the 2 wires together at the switch. You should have power on the brake
lights. Use the tester, maybe you blew the bulbs out? It is a very
simple circuit, the power goes through the fuse to the switch and then
on to the bulbs. Don't forget to check that the ground is still good
at the connector for the taillights. You could have all the power at
the bulbs but they won't light if the ground is not there. Next time
when you try to hook up the 3rd brake light use a fuse. Sometimes you
must check a fuse electrically. It could look good but it could still
be blown.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, PRC1216@xxxx wrote:
> Hey there,
>      In an attempt to install the JC Whitney 3rd brakelight LED for
safety, I
> managed to screw everything up.   I had the third brakelight working
and