[DML] Re: 2256 is alive

Check that at idle the idle switch is consistantly engaging. Look for
wear in the linkage, especailly the quadrant link from the throttle
spool to the throttle arm. Just because you replaced all these parts
does not mean you didn't make any mistakes. Go over all of your work
or better yet have someone else do it. They may see something that you
keep missing. Vacuum leaks can also be causing this so check
everything again. Check the plug over the mixture screw. Check the
adjustment screws on the throttle arm. Verify that the vacuum solenoid
on the vacuum advance is working and properly connected. If the seals
on the fuel injectors are hard and loose-fitting they should be
replaced too. Dirty injectors can cause a bad idle. Make sure the air
sensor plate is centered, whistling means nothing. Check the "O" ring
seal on the tube for the idle motor, it can make a BIG difference if
it is leaking. Do not overtighten belts. If they are squealing maybe
they are not the right ones?
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757