[DML] Gold Delorean in Snyder, Texas

Hey group -

I've been a Delorean owner and lurker of this group since the late 90's (I have an 83 D).  Some of you on here know me, but for the most part, I stay pretty much quiet and just watch you all...

Anyways, this 4th of July weekend I drove (not in my D) across Texas (from where I live in Dallas to my hometown of El Paso) and decided to see if I could visit the gold Delorean in Snyder, Texas (all the other times I make the trip it's on a weekend and I figured the bank would be closed - this time, it was a Friday).

The bank was super easy to find in downtown Snyder and I got the first parking spot right up front.  Had my cameras waiting and was really excited. I walked in to the bank (it was nice - very big lobby) and looked around for the car.  In the middle, there was a platform, with glass walls, but it was empty.  I really couldn't tell if this is where the car should be or not.  I kept looking around, but was starting to get some stares... ( I guess an out-of-towner standing in the bank looking all around looked kinda suspicious).  So I asked the nice lady behind the counter:

"Excuse me.  This may sound kind of silly, but is there suppose to be a car in here?"  I asked.

Her response:  "I'm sorry, honey.  Yes.  It sat it the glass case behind you for over 20 years.  It was moved out last month."

The gold Delorean in the Snyder Texas bank is no more.

The lady went on to explain that the owners of the bank (and the Delorean) recently sold the bank and retired to California, taking the car with them.  She said it was quite a site to see the car being rolled out of the bank - they had to remove the bank doors and slowly wheeled it on the trailer.  According to her, the car had no miles, never had gas in it, or oil.

Obviously I was disappointed.  For over 20 years I had been making the trip across Texas, and I missed seeing the car by a month.

Just thought I would share my story with you all.

Chris
83 Delorean #15786

Buy and sell stocks in NFL teams! Get paid dividends every time your team wins! Free limited-time trial at http://www.AllSportsMarket.com/Index.asp?Refer=delomail