[DML] Re: Cruise control

I know that this does not answer the specific questions in the
original post, but since we're on the subject of cruise control...

I had Delorean Motor Center install an all electronic CC in my D,
after seeing Danny doing it in his BTTF Delorean. The speed sensor is
a small quarter-sized (US coin, for you non-American readers :-) )
pulse counter that is inserted inline on the speedo cable. The
electronics are discretely placed into the pod on the drivers side of
the engine compartment, and a single cable exits there and is
attached to the spool. The control is a stalk that sits behind the
turn signal.

It works great! One added benefit is that the signal from the pulse
counter can be buffered and processed to do other stuff... Like power
Danny's working BTTF digital speedometer display. This is exactly
what I designed for his car... You might have seen it at PF. (but
that's another story... look for it in an upcoming issue of Gullwing
Magazine)

Jeff Angwin
VIN 3034