[DML] Re: Legend Turbo question

When Delorean Midatlantic had Mr Dellis as a speaker at a dinner he
seemed to admire JZD and had only good things to say about him. I
suspect he is rationalizing the reasons Legend Industries went under
though. From the public record DMC owed millions to Legend and Legend
had become dependant on it's relationship with DMC. Legend had
invested millions of it's own in R & D getting the turbo set-up going
for the promise of doing all the installs and future work that never
materielized. DMC was Legend's bigggest customer so in effect Legend
was "betting the farm" on the future with DMC. I am sure that missing
that contract with Fiat had some effect but IMHO the major cause of
the demise of Legend was it's over dependance on DMC. It does speak
volumes for JZD that Fred holds no ill will against him. Fred also
commented on the public frenzy around JZD at the time and knew that
JZD did everything he could to prevent what ultimately happened to
both their companies. BTW Lotus owners blame JZD for Colin Chapman's
untimely demise in the wake of the scandal around the $18 million that
was transfered from DMC to Lotus LTD. From having met with Fred Dellis
I found him to be a real Gentleman and I don't think he would say
anything bad about anyone publicly. He didn't go out and write a
tell-all book trying to capitolize on everyone's misfortune either
(like many that were involved).
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757