Re: [DML] DMCH New Interior

There are little things that can be nitpicked apart about the custom
interior, or even the stock one for that matter. After all, this is
something unique, and everyones' tastes are going to be different.
However, there are two big problems that I see with it. The binnacle
is one. I agree that the asthetics of it don't match the car (inside
or out), and that it looks a bit too sport-compact-ish. I really get
the feeling that someone got a bit too overzealous in trying to
update it. In any case though, it looks way too high, and looks like
it might cut down on visability.

The other thing that I'd have a problem with would be that strip of
white leather on dashboard, comming up from the center console. That
is a straight up hazzard! With the angle of the windscreen on the
DeLorean, anything that reflects too much light is going to cause
glare, and impare your vision. In every single photo taken of this
car, on numerous websites, you can definetly see this. If you want to
see what I mean, try driving your car on a very sunny day, with a
sheet of printer paper resting on the dash.

Sure, it's a prototype, and needs tweeking for individual tastes, but
overall, I think that the interior looks fantastic! I love the
contrast of having a exterior with cold stainless, and sharp angles.
But when you come inside, you've got gentle curves, with warm
leather. A great update of the A Pillars, and really sweet revamp of
the parcel shelf. Even though you can tell space was shaved off to
accomodate those speakers, and the design itself, it creates the
illusion that the space is bigger, by keeping it less cluttered than
stock.

Has anyone yet gotten to sit in this car to try it out? Even though
those door handles look too high to grab if you don't have long arms,
they do look alot more ergonomic. And how does one access the fuses
anyhow?

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"